Immigrants choose their destination based on diverse factors such as:
- Having relatives in the area,
- Having visited and liked the city before the relocation,
- Done some research and think it ideal due to weather, employment or amenities,
- Policies & laws etc.
According to World Economic Forum, Canada is the 2nd best country globally. If you are planning to immigrate to Canada, these are the factors to consider about Canada for permanent residence:
- Safety & Security in Canada:
It is said that Canada has the highest immigrant rate per capital globally. The country has never been victim of terrorist activities and crime rates across its cities are low. Surely expect to have a calm and peaceful life as a Canadian immigrant.
- Canada’s Growing Economy:
Canada has 11th largest economy in the world. It is considered in one of the most stable economies in the world. Its government was ranked within the 97% percentile for effectiveness.
- Affordability In Canada: Comparing cost of living between Canada and the United States shows that in most goods and services, Canada is cheaper. Also, there are expensive cities in Canada. For example, housing in Vancouver and Toronto are expensive compared to other Canadian cities. But it is important to note that average household incomes are also higher in these two cities.
- Employment & Job Opportunities In Canada:
Canada’s job market is similar to other developed countries. Majorly, jobs are in the service sector as well as natural resources & manufacturing.
- Family-friendliness of Canada:
According to a research, Quebec takes the number 1 position as family friendly city because it has lowest child injury hospitalization rates in Canada and it has the best childcare funding. It also has large number of restaurants, museums & performing arts centers. Montreal, Vancouver, Vaughan, Toronto, Markham, Richmond Hill, Gateau, and Calgary are other family friendly cities in Canada.
- Canada’s Healthcare Services:
Healthcare in Canada is provided through a system known as ‘Medicare’ which is publicly funded and free at most points of use. Canadian permanent residents can apply for public health insurance. Every territory and province provides free emergency medical services even if you don’t have a government health card. Some restrictions may apply depending on your immigration status. This factor is majorly taken into consideration by immigrants.
- Education In Canada:
According to Economic Cooperation and Development, Canada is a world leader in education. Canada is unique because immigrant students perform very well irrespective of socio-economic backgrounds. It ranked 5th place in Reading, Science and Mathematics globally. The top performers among all Canadian provinces in terms of Education and Skills are British Columbia, Alberta & Ontario.
Canada is a huge nation with 10 provinces and 3 territories. Even if you have already arrived in Canada, you can still explore other municipalities in your province or outside your province. It is important to ensure that you get the best Canadian living experience.
Some Policies Include:
- As a permanent resident, you can travel outside Canada after you arrive. For that you must meet certain obligations to maintain your status as a permanent resident of Canada.
- To meet residency obligations, you must be physically present in Canada for at least 2 years (730 days) in every 5-year period. This means that you can spend total of up to 3 years outside of Canada during a 5-year period.
- If you are in Canada and if immigration officer finds that you have not complied with your residency obligations, the officer may issue a departure order that may require you to leave Canada.
- If you are outside of Canada and do not meet residency obligations, immigration officers abroad may inform you in writing that you have lost your permanent residence status in Canada.
- If you lose your permanent resident status of Canada, you can submit an appeal within 60 days of receiving the decision. If you appeal, the officer may consider compassionate reasons before making a final decision about your permanent resident status in Canada.
Understand the latest immigration rule changes made by government in last few months:
- Conditional PR rule removed
- New Express Entry Changes
- Dependent Child Age Has Increased To Under 22
To know more in detail about rules & policies, Connect with Help Overseas by filling the form below or Visit Us on: www.helpoverseas.com